Canon's new imageCLASS MF4380dn falls into a rather awkward price range, toeing the line between mono and colour laser multifunctions. There are cheaper options that fulfil the same tasks as the MF4380dn, but if cost isn't too much of a concern, this unit offers adequate quality and speed for small businesses.
For the price, the MF4380dn packs in a decent number of features. It offers USB and Ethernet connectivity, as well as an automatic document feeder and automatic duplexer.
The MF4380dn has a basic design. The control panel has raft of buttons that seem like they could have been bundled together under a unified "settings" button. It's not overly complicated, but becoming comfortable with the layout takes more time than it should.
Like most multifunctions, the MF4380dn boasts a secondary, specialty media input tray. Unlike competing units from HP, this is a cassette rather than a fold-down tray. The drawback of this design is that the specialty cassette gets in the way of the primary media input tray. In addition, the media input tray is covered by a small piece of plastic that serves to provide support for the specialty cassette; because there is no hinge to adjust this piece of plastic while in place it must be removed, which an annoying design choice.
The MF4380dn's Web-based remote user interface is basic at best, even in administrator mode. It provides information on the printer's network settings and print job information. Administrators can amend the unit's integrated fax address book. However, with little else in the way of configurable settings, IT administrators may want to look for a unit with more network-based options.
Although the MF4380dn isn't the fastest multifunction around, it does print at an acceptable speed. In our tests the multifunction managed to print a standard text document at an average of 23.1 pages per minute, with the first page out time of 12.9sec. This speed is consistent across all quality levels, regardless of render rate or half-tone options.
The quality is good, and with half-tone options set and the render rate at 24 bits per pixel the printer produces clear and accurate results that do not exhibit any evidence of feathering. Documents are perhaps slightly pale, but this is simply a result of the printer's clarity; it can be rectified by using lower quality settings.
Although Canon quotes 9600x9600 dots per inch as the scanning mechanism's resolution, optical resolution is more like 600dpi. This is adequate for text scanning, though photo and graphics will suffer. Colours aren't as rich or vibrant as in source images, and often inaccurate as a result, but the MF4380dn manages to retain the most of the quality of the source.
The main flaw we found in scanning was the MF4380dn's insistence on using a network connection, even if one didn't exist. When attempting to initiate a local scan via USB from the PC, the MF4380dn refused to automatically wake itself from energy-saving mode and often automatically switched back to network scanning after five minutes. As a result, scanning locally requires users to switch between modes before initiating the scan.
Canon i-Sensys MF4380dn Specs
- Mono laser fax/copier/printer/scanner
- digital copier
- plain paper fax
- Monthly Duty Cycle (max): 10,000 impressions
- Display: 2 lines x 16 characters
- Max Copying Resolution: Up to 600x600dpi
- Grey Scale Half-Tones: 256
- Max Document Enlargement: 200%
- Max Document Reduction: 50%
- Maximum Copies: 99
- Exposure Modes: Text, photo, text and photo
- Automatic Duplexing
- Max Printing Resolution: Up to 1200x600dpi
- Printer Drivers/Emulations: UFRII LT
- Optical Scanning Resolution: 600x1200dpi, Interpolated Resolution: 9600x9600dpi
- Colour Depth: 24-bit
- Super G3 fax machine
- Max Transmission Speed: 33.6Kbps
- Standard Media Capacity: 250 sheets
- Output Trays Capacity: 100 sheets
Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon i-Sensys MF4380dn Driver Printer Download
MF4380dn UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities For Macintosh [Mac OS : 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Mac CUPS/UFRII Printer Driver For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Patch for Network Scan, USB Scan For [Windows 10/8.1/8 [32-bit & 64-bit] ~~~>>> MB Download
MF4380dn Fax Driver & Utilities For Macintosh [Mac OS : 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Scanner Driver & Utilities For Mac OS: 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn TWAIN-Compatible Scanner Driver: Scanner Driver & Utilities For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11 [Intel] ~~~>>> Download
i-SENSYS MF4380dn/MF4370dn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) For [Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/Xp/2000 [32bit] ~~~>>> Download
i-SENSYS MF4380dn/MF4370dn MFDrivers (UFR II / FAX / ScanGear) For [Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/Xp/Server 2003/2008 [64bit] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn CUPS/UFRII Printer Driver For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Fax Driver For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn UFRII/UFRII LT Printer Driver For Linux (32 x64-bit) ~~~>>> Download
Canon Fax Driver For Mac OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn UFRII/UFRII LT Printer Driver For Linux (32 x64-bit) ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn ScanGear For Mac OS X 10.4 [Intel/PPC] /10.5 [PPC] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn ScanGear For Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn MF Scanner Driver For Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn MF Drivers For Windows Server 2008/2000/2003/7/Vista/XP ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn MF Drivers For [Windows Server 2008/2003/7/Vista/XP [64-bit] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Tool Box For [Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista [32bit & 64bit] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn NetSpot Device Installer For [Windows Server 2008/2000/2003/7/Vista/XP [32-bit] ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn e-Manual CA.~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Getting Started Guide (For Mac) CA.1.00 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn Scanner Driver Guide (For Mac) CA.1.00 ~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn User Guide For [Linux / Windows Server 2008/2000/7/Vista/XP [32-bit] 1.0 7.~~~>>> Download
MF4380dn User Guide For [Windows 2000/Vista/XP [32-bit] ~~~>>> Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon i-SENSYS MF4380dn.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.