If you are looking for a small desktop of the MFP inkjet printer with a complete set of features that will handle more minimal volume printing, Epson Staffing WF-3540 is a good place to start. It's fast, and the exit is beautiful. Equipped with automatic duplex printing and scanning, 500 sheets of capacity, relatively affordable ink, and easy controls, this is quite the market. It also connects via USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi so you can use it in virtually any computer environment.
The installation of the WF-3540 workforce is a simple matter of some dialogues and about 5 minutes. As mentioned, you can connect to it wirelessly, via Ethernet, or directly using USB. The software bundle includes the confidence Epson Scan and ABBYY FineReader Sprint 9.5 for OCR. The control Panel has a 3.5-inch LCD screen with touch buttons contextually lit on the surrounding panel. The menu structure is quite easy to navigate-much easier to use than its actual WF-2540 cousin we recently reviewed.
The handling of paper on the workforce WF-3540 is top notch. In addition to two paper cassettes of 250 sheets, there is a single back feed sheet for photo paper, envelopes and other. Tip: Push the paper down into the back loader until you feel it grabbing; The paper is lower than most printers.
The scanner has an automatic document feeder (ADF) that scans both sides automatically (by re-feed). The cover of the letter/size A4 tree does not telescope to accommodate thicker materials, but this is the only problem, and a minor for an office-oriented MFP.
The release of the WF-3540 workforce is pretty nice. The color graphics printed on plain paper show the reasonably good color accuracy. The images printed on the glossy photo stock, while a tad shiny are as enjoyable as anything you will see this side of a dedicated photo printer. The text is sharp and black, and even the documents in draft mode are easily readable. Scans tend to be dark, although the copies did not suffer such a question.
The speed of the WF-3540 's workforce is good enough for this price point. Monochrome pages are printed at about 11.5 per minute (ppm) on the PC and 11.4 on Mac.
EPSON WF-3540 Printer driver for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Mac. Find complete driver and installation software for Epson Workforce WF-3540TWF.
Operating Systems: Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 2000, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Server 2003 32-bit, Windows Server 2008 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 8.x 32-bit
Driver File name: epson374723eu.exe, Released: 14 September 2012, Version: 1.52Epson WF-3540DTWF Driver – Download (21.85MB)
Operating Systems: Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8.x 64-bit
Driver File name: epson374724eu.exe, Released: 14 September 2012, Version: 1.52Epson WF-3540DTWF x64 Driver – Download (25.24MB)
Operating Systems: Mac OS X PowerPC, Mac OS X Intel
Epson WF-3540DTWF Mac Driver – Download (34.79MB)Epson WF-3540DTWF Scan 4.0.10 Mac Driver – Download (16.39MB)
User’s Guide: This Epson WF-3540DTWF Manual for more information about the printer.
How to install driver: To install an Epson WF-3540DTWF driver, navigate to the location (download) of its file, double-click it, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Epson WF-3540DTWF Printer Software Downloads
Operating Systems: Windows XP 32-bit-64-bit, Windows 2000, Windows Vista 32-bit-64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit-64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit-64-bit, Windows 10 32-bit-64-bit
Epson WF-3540DTWF EpsonNet Config Software – Download (17.88MB)Epson WF-3540DTWF Scan 3.795 Software – Download (22.44MB)
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for EPSON WF-3540 :
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of EPSON WF-3540 Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of EPSON WF-3540.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.