Many people are using a scanner to scan documents, photos, or something similar and they usually turn all of those results into the PDF files. Unfortunately, all of those processes are considerably complicated, unless if you are using the Canon CanoScan 4200F. That is because this scanner can easily help you to arrange all of those files that you have scanned using this printer into the PDF file that you need in a short time.
Surprisingly, with the given price, CanoScan 4200F is able to change the file format automatically to be PDF-file, while the OCR accuracy also pretty good, way better than most scanner in general. Unfortunately, it has no ADF, while the digital removal scratches and dust specks does not work well to increase higher quality for your scanned images. While the slide scanning is able to produce minimal usage for the scan quality.
Currently you could scan your old slides and also downsides, transforming old pictures right into new again. Just put them right into the included movie adapter and also press the Scan button. As soon as your pictures are archived, they will certainly be simpler to access and also arrange. You could after that print them, make a photo CD for friends and family, or use them in a job.
Canon CanoScan 4200F Specifications:
- Max Supported Document Size 8.5 in x 11.7 in
- Power Consumption Operational 17.8 Watt
- Type external power adapter
- Max Document Size 8.5 in x 11.7 in
- Supported Document Type Plain paper, slides, bulk objects (such as books), film
- Document Feeder Type Manual
- Included Accessories film adapter
- Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep 7 Watt
- Form Factor none
SOFTWARE / SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Software Included Drivers & utilities, CanoScan Toolbox CS, ArcSoft PhotoStudio, ScanGear CS, ScanSoft OmniPage SE
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
- Optical Resolution 3200 dpi x 6400 dpi
- Interpolated Resolution 9600 dpi x 9600 dpi
- Type flatbed scanner
- Scanner Speed Details 2.6 sec/scan - preview,2.5 ms/line - black&white - 800 dpi,2.5 ms/line - greyscale - 800 dpi,2.5 ms/line - color - 800 dpi,9 ms/line - black&white - 3200 dpi9 ms/line - g,reyscale - 3200 dpi9 ms/line - color - 3200 dpi
- Interface Type USB 2.0
- Form Factor desktop
- Scan Mode single-pass
- Input Type color
- Scan Element Type CCD
- Document Size Class A4/Letter
- Max Supported Document Size 8.5 in x 11.7 in
- Max H-Document Size 8.5 m
- Max V-Document Size 11.7 m
- Grayscale Depth 16-bit (64K gray levels)
- Grayscale Depth (External) 16-bit (64K gray levels)
- Color Depth 48-bit color
- Color Depth (External) 48-bit color
- Max H-Optical Resolution 3200 dpi
- Max V-Optical Resolution 6400 dpi
- Max H-Interpolated Resolution 9600 dpi
- Max V-Interpolated Resolution 9600 dpi
- Lamp / Light Source Type cold cathode fluorescent lamp
- Supported Document Type bulk objects (such as books), film, plain paper, slides
- Document Feeder Type manual
- Compliant Standards TWAIN
- Interface USB 2.0
- Connector Type Type A
- ENVIRONMENTAL PARAMETERS
- Min Operating Temperature 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 95 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 20 - 80%
- Brand Canon
- Product Line Canon CanoScan
- Model 4200F
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Compatibility PC
- Type none
SCANNER SPEED DETAILS
- Speed 2.5 ms/line, 2.6 sec/scan, 9 ms/line
- Mode black&white, color, greyscale, preview
- Image Resolution 3200 dpi, 800 dpi
- Type USB cable
- Included Qty 1
- Software Included ArcSoft PhotoStudio, CanoScan Toolbox CS, ScanGear CS, ScanSoft OmniPage SE, drivers & utilities
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS DETAILS
- Operating System Windows 2000/ME/XP, Windows 98/2000/ME/XP
- Processor Type Pentium, Pentium III
- Processor Speed 233 Hz, 566 Hz
- Min RAM Size 128 MB
- Comments USB, USB 2.0
DIMENSIONS & WEIGHT
- Width 10.2 in
- Depth 18.6 in
- Height 3.2 in
- Weight 6.17 lbs
- Manufacturer Canon
Canon CanoScan 4200F System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4) = = > Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9) = = > Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64/XP x64) = = >Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000/Me/98) = = >Download
CanoScan Toolbox (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me/98) = = > Download
CanoScan Toolbox 5.0 Opener (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8) = = > Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (Windows 7 x64/Vista64) = = > Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (Windows 7/Vista32/XP/2000) = = > Download
CanoScan 4200F Scanner Driver (Windows Me/98) = = > Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for CanoScan 4200F:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of CanoScan 4200F in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of CanoScan 4200F.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.