The PIXMA IX6840 printer replaces the IX6540 model. This is a high-performance device in the A3 + format that will be ideal for printing large tables, posters, and photos. The ability to connect to IX6840 by Ethernet and Wi-Fi is useful both at home and in the office. The printer is also compatible with the Canon PIXMA Print solutions, supports Google Cloud print and Apple AirPrint ™, so that Home Office users can easily print from various smart devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
The IX6840 model is designed to handle large volumes of printing in a convenient way, ensures the quality of documents with vivid graphics, and the professional level of photo printing through a colors ink system that uses black ink-based pigment and color-based dyes. IX6840 has a high speed for printing documents: 14.5 images per minute for monochrome printing and 10.4 images per minute for A4 color printing (according to ISO Esat). Users can also easily create posters and various business documents using the Canon solutions templates software. The additional cost-effective cartridge PGBK XXL less often requires replacement and improves the productivity of the printer by increasing its approx. print resources. to 1000 pages.
- Print Resolution Up to 9600¹ x 2400 dpi
- Print Technology 5 Individual Inks (PGBK, BK, C, M, Y),Inkjet FINE print head with 1pl (min.) ink droplet size,ChromaLife100+ inks
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 14.5 ipm¹
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 10.4 ipm¹
- Photo Print Speed Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 36 seconds¹,A3+ Bordered: Approx. 120 seconds¹
- Borderless Printing Yes (A3+, A3, A4, LTR, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Standard Ink Cartridges PGI-450PGBK (Pigment Black),CLI-451BK (Black),CLI-451C (Cyan),CLI-451M (Magenta),CLI-451Y (Yellow)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PGI-455PGBK XXL (Pigment Black XXL),PGI-450PGBK XL (Pigment Black XL),CLI-451BK XL (Black XL),CLI-451C XL (Cyan XL),CLI-451M XL (Magenta XL),CLI-451Y XL (Yellow XL)
- PBK (Pigment Black) Standard: 375 document pages or 2,390 photos,Optional XL: 620 document pages or 4,720 photosOptional XXL: 1,000 document pages or 7,685 photos
- BK (Black) Standard: 1,645* document pages or 384 photos,Optional XL: 5,000* document pages or 845 photos
- C (Cyan) Standard: 337 document pages or 125 photos,Optional XL: 700 document pages or 283 photos
- M (Magenta)Standard: 324 document pages or 138 photos,Optional XL: 670 document pages or 340 photos
- Y (Yellow) Standard: 331 document pages 120 photos Optional XL: 700 document pages 293 photos
- Composite (CMY average)Standard CMY: 331 document pages or 127 photos,Optional XL CMY: 690 document pages or 303 photos
- Testing standards ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 colour document pages,ISO/IEC 29102 for 10x15cm colour borderless photos,Values obtained by continuous printing,* Estimated supplemental yield
- Paper Types Plain Paper,Envelopes (DL, COM10),Canon Pro Platinum (PT-101),Canon Pro Luster (LU-101),Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201),Canon Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201),Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501),Canon Matte (MP-101),Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N),Canon Photo Stickers (PS-101),Canon T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
- Maximum Paper Input Max. 150 sheets of plain paper,Max. 20 sheets of photo paper
- Paper Sizes A3+, A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, LTR, LGL, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m²,Canon photo paper up to 300 g/m² (PT-101)
- Wired Connections Hi-Speed USB,Ethernet: 10/100Mbps (auto switchable)
- Wireless Connections Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n¹Wireless LAN Frequency Band: 2.4GHz
- Applications Support Canon PRINT app¹,Apple AirPrint ,Google Cloud Print
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 10 (32 and 64-bit),Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit,Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Supported Mobile Systems iOS (Canon PRINT app, AirPrint),Android (Canon PRINT app),Windows RT
- Minimum System Requirements Windows: Internet Explorer 8, internet connection or CD-ROM,Mac: Safari 5 and internet connection ,Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included Printer driver,My Image Garden,Quick Menu,Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 584 x 310 x 159 mm
- Weight 8.1 kg
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption Off: Approx. 0.3 W ,Standby (Wi-Fi connection to PC): Approx. 2.0 W,Standby (all ports connected): Approx. 2.4 W,Time to enter Standby mode: 2 minutes,Printing: Approx. 24 W¹
- Acoustic Noise Levels Approx. 44.0 dB(A)¹
- Recommended Operating Environment Temperature: 15-30°C,Humidity: 10-80%RH (no dew condensation)
- Duty Cycle up to 12,000 pages / month
All specifications subject to change without notice.
Print speed may vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, page coverage, type of paper used etc.
Ink yield may vary depending on texts/photos printed, applications software used, print mode and type of paper used. For more information see www.canon-europe.com/ink/yield
All brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
Print Resolution - ¹ Ink droplets can be placed with a minimum pitch of 1/9600 inch
Mono Print Speed - ¹ Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.
Colour Print Speed - ¹ Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.
Photo Print Speed - ¹ Photo print speed is based on default driver setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 standard on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. A3+ Bordered: 11x14" (28x35cm) image on A3+ size paper.
Wireless Connections - ¹ Wi-Fi frequency band: 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password
Applications Support - ¹ Canon PRINT app is Canon's free application for smartphones and tablets. Not available in certain countries or regions.
Power Consumption - ¹ When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on A3 size plain paper using default settings.
Acoustic Noise Levels - ¹ When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings.
Canon PIXMA iX6840 that driver supports intended for OS:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6) / Linux
iX6840 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)11.7.1.017 MB~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)04.107.3 MB~~~>>>Download
iX6840 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)04.101.7 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX6840 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)0,26041666719 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)01.0116 MB~~~>>>Download
iX6840 series Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6)01.0313 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX 6840 series CUPS Printer Driver For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)16.10.0.016 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)04.101.6 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)01.026.4 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX 6840 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)01.024.8 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)V2.61.1 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)V2.61.1 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)V3.211 MB~~~>>>Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)V3.211 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series Getting Started GuideV22.4 MB~~~>>>Download
Canon iX6840 series Getting Started GuideV23.1 MB~~~>>>Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)04.1078 KB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX6840 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)01.0149 MB~~~>>>Download
PIXMA iX 6840 series Printer Driver For Windows XP (32-bit)01.0016 MB~~~>>>Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iX6840:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iX6840 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iX6840.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.