Canon Pixma Pro-100 Review-Of the 3 serie A3 + printer latest of canon, PIXMA Pro100 is the cheapest. There is no difference in terms of the third resolution brings the maximum resolution of 4800 x 2400dpi and both have direct CD print capabilities. In terms of speed thus PIXMA Pro100 the most superior among the three. Its difference lies in the type of cartridge is used, where the CLI uses 42 Pro100 PIXMA series.
Cartridge type difference used dealing with it's own cartridge technology which has 42 CLI cartridge nozzle nozzles 6144 as much higher level than the Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II with 5144 nozzles, while the PIXMA Pro10 with cartridge PGI 72 has a nozzle as much as 7680 nozzles and PIXMA pro1 with cartridge PGI 29 equipped 12,288 nozzles. PIXMA Pro100 uses 8 chromalife 100 + tech cartridge that can maintain a claim in the prints of photos during the 200 years in good storage conditions. For connectivity technology wireless-equipped Pro100 PIXMA conection (wifi) with Apple's Airprint feature just like the PIXMA Pro10.
Specifications CANON PIXMA PRO-100
- Types Of Inkjet Printers
- Maximum Resolution
- 4800 (horizontal) x 2400 (vertical) dpi
- Print Head/Ink
- Type: Individual Ink Cartridge
- Number of Nozzles: nozzles 6.144
- Min. Ink Droplets Size: 3pl
- Ink Tanks: CLI-42 Yellow/Magenta/Cyan/Photo Magenta/Photo Cyan/Black/Gray/Light Gray
- Print Speed
- Photo (11 x 14 "image on A3 + with Border) * 1
- Photo (8 x 10 "image on A4 with Border) * 1
- Printable Width
- Rear Tray: Up to 322.2 mm (12.7 "), Borderless: Up to 329mm (A3 +) (13 ')
- Manual Feed Slot: Up to 348.8 mm (13.7 "), Borderless: Up to 356mm (14")
- Recomended Printing Area
- Top margin: 37 mm/Bottom margin: 37 mm
- Paper Size
- A3 +, A3, A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, LDR, 4 x 6 ", 5 x 7", 8 x 10 ", Envelopes (DL, COM10)
- Paper Handling
- Printable Disc: 1 (Manual handling by the disc tray)
- Ink End Sensor Optical sensor + Dot count
- Print Head Alignment
- Protocol: TCP/IP
- Wired LAN:
- Network Type: IEEE 802.3 u (100BASE-TX)/IEEE 802.3 (10BASE-T)
- Data Rate: 10 m/100Mbps (auto switchable)
- Wireless LAN:
- Network Type: IEEE 802 .11n/IEEE 802.11 g/IEEE 802 .11b
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz
- Wireless LAN interface a/b/g/n, Ethernet, 10/100, Hi-Speed USB 2.0, Pictbridge
- Power AC 100-240V, 50/60 Hz
- The Operating System
- Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 689 x 385 x 215mm
- Weighs 19.7 kg
Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
PRO-100 series Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) 1.05 26 MB Download
PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) 18.104.22.168 24 MB Download
PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6) 22.214.171.124 24 MB Download
PRO-100 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) 5.85a 29 MB Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA PRO-100:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA PRO-100 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA PRO-100.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.