The Canon Selphy CP740 package offers decent features and print quality for cheap compact photo printers. Casual Snapshooters will be satisfied with this, but users who need more features should look elsewhere.
Canon Selphy CP740 is a entry-level compact photo printer limited onboard feature set that reflects the relative position between the dedicated photo printer 4x6. However, we love the print quality and ease of use of the printer. If you are looking for a dedicated snapshot printer and you're on a budget, this is a good choice. But if you want more features and are willing to pay for them, check the Epson PictureMate Snap.
The Selphy CP740 compact indeed and can be easily slipped into a tote bag or large purse. It measures 7 inches, 2.5 inches and 5 inches. It weighs £2.1 without ink cassette paper attached, stick, or a power brick attached, with all the equipment needed, it will be a little heavier.
Face up is where the panel interface and control life. A 2 inch colored LCD embedded right on the surface of the printer. Because it is not attached to a piece of move, you must position yourself right at the top for a good vantage point. Along the edges of the LCD is buttons for power, zooming in and out of an image, red-eye removal, mode, layout, and date. Two other keys are print/stop and switch rocker four directions.
On the foreshore of three memory card slots that can accept memory cards are the most common, although some will need an adapter (not included). There are also mini-USB retractable cable to connect a PictBridge camera direct, we thought cable was pulled are a nice touch. Finally, the panels open to reveal the paper input area. Instead of loading the paper directly to the printer, you need to load paper into the paper cassette, which is then attached to the front of the printer.
At the left edge of the printer's two USB ports, one to connect the printer to the PC and another for connecting a PictBridge device (an alternative to the front-mounted mini-USB port). On the right bank are the doors that cover the ink cassette.
Selphy CP740 sold, as it comes with a postcard-size tape and ink cartridges a good starter for only five fingerprints (five sheets of paper are also included). (Because Selphy CP740 uses dye-sublimation technology, ink cartridges can only produce a number of molds were designed for, unlike inkjet technology.) Paper postcard size paper 4x6 as well, despite the fact that the paper size is 4x7 inches. On both ends of a short, perforated paper about a half inch from the edge, allows you to rip the sheet to 4x6 inches. The back of the paper prints as postcards.
Canon SELPHY CP740 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux.
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For Windows
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 8.0- Windows 8.1 x32
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 8.0- Windows 8.1 x64
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP 32bit
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP 64bit
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For MAC OS X
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver OS X 10.8/10.9/10.10
Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Download For Linux
Here ↔Canon Selphy CP740 Printer Driver Linux
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon SELPHY CP740:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon SELPHY CP740 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.