The Canon TS8050 from the Pixma TS series comes with six ink cartridges, a touch screen and many options for mobile printing.
Canon's Pixma series printers are designed to be used at home and enjoy a good reputation. With the TS8050, the series gets a new offshoot. The multifunction printer is capable of printing, scanning and copying. An additional color cartridge ensures a higher degree of detail when printing photos. In addition, the increasingly popular mobile printing with WLAN, cloud and app is taken into account.
Compact design and intuitive operation
The new Pixma TS series multifunction printers - including the TS8050 - have a much more compact body than their predecessors. The manufacturer himself speaks of up to 40% smaller dimensions. For the operation of the printer, a 4.3-inch touch screen is available, which, in conjunction with the newly developed menu, provides quick access to the important functions.
Photo printing with professional claims
The TS8050 prints in a resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi, which produces photos in first-class quality. This is mainly due to the additional ink tank in photo gray. In addition, the printer contains an improved photo black. In total, six separate ink tanks are included in the Pixma TS8050. With optional XL tanks, you can print a higher number of pages and reduce waste with empty cartridges at the same time.
The rear of the printer now has the paper feeder. This is compatible with numerous paper types and sizes. In addition, a paper cassette is installed in the front area of the device. The two different paper trays simplify the change of print media and provide more flexibility in printing.
Start at the push of a button without a cable
The integrated WLAN provides wireless printing. To establish a direct connection from mobile devices to the printer, the Canon Print App for iOS and Android is responsible. The direct communication does not interfere with the existing WLAN connections, and access is neither a wireless router or password required. In the immediate vicinity, therefore, each of the printer is available.
Above all, Android mobile devices that can execute a print job at the touch of a button benefit from the Touch & Print with NFC feature. The printer's touchscreen also provides access to popular cloud services, allowing snapshots to be uploaded on the go and then paper-backed at home. There is also a card reader that prints the photos directly from an SD memory card without a PC.
Available in four different colors, the Canon TS8050 inkjet multifunction printer is one of the Pixma models released in late 2016. Due to the high-quality printouts, it convinces above all by its price-performance ratio and is recommended for home users with a focus on photography. Especially in dark areas of the picture the additional sixth inkjet helps to show more details. The connection of mobile devices via a special app is also one of the major improvements.
Canon PIXMA TS8050 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
TS8050 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)⟹ Download
ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)⟹ Download
TS8050 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8) ⟹Download
IJ Network Device Setup Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)⟹ Download
TS8050 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) ⟹Download
IJ Scan Utility Lite (OS X 10.12/10.11)⟹ Download
TS8050 series Getting Started Guide⟹ Download
TS8050 series Getting Started Guide⟹ Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA TS8050:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA TS8050 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA TS8050.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.