Canon Pixma iP4600 Review-When you see the price, the printer that enter the high-end category is arguably quite cheap. But do not think if this cheap price means not many features that are carried by this inkjet printer made by Canon.
From the side view, PIXMA iP4600 is arguably not too much carrying innovation. Almost the entire surface is wrapped in a shiny black color with a touch of silver on the top. The buttons are placed on the side so as to make the display of the printer look clean.
Canon provides two paper options. You can insert paper from the front or top of this printer. The printout will come out from the front side of this printer. Just under two buttons, power and feed / resume, there is a socket for PictBridge. power cable and data connections remain on the back.
What is interesting is the space to place the CD / DVD so you can print directly to the surface of the CD / DVD without having to print onto CD / DVD paper first before pasting it.
PIXMA iP4600 uses 5 cartridges. There are two black cartridges, one cartridge using a pigmented ink base to be used to print text to be more concentrated while the other uses dye-based ink to be used in combination with three other colors.
The printout of this printer fairly good. The resulting color is close enough to the color display on the screen while the text is also visible and there are no feathering symptoms around these letters. Even more interesting is that when this text is used above the background image, the text display remains clean and not blend with the color behind it.
The slightest problem with this printer is the print speed that does not match the one mentioned in the manual. For this weakness, Trusted Reviews only gives a value of 7 out of 10 for products sold at a price of 73.18 Pounds Sterling or approximately idr.1,200,000 this. The rest, you can say this printer is cheap enough for the quality and features are quite interesting.
Canon Pixma iP4600 Specification:
Print technology: Thermal InkJet
Print speed: Mono Up to 26ppm (Max.), 12.8ppm (Standard)
Color Text & Graphics: Up to 21ppm (Max.), 11.2ppm (Standard)
Standard media sizes: Rear Tray: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (10x15cm, 10x18cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Credit Card (54 x 86mm)
Cassette: A4, B5, A5, Letter
Standard connectivity: PictBridge
Dimensions: 431 x 296 x 153mm
Official Website: www.canon.co.ukCanon PIXMA iP4600 Driver Download
Canon PIXMA iP4600 System Requirements and Compatibility:Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
iP4600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.84.2.0 (OS X 10.5/10.6) ⟷Download
iP4600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.84.2.0 (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9) ⟷Download
iP4600 series Printer Driver for OSX Ver. 7.81 (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5) ⟷Download
iP4600 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.20 (Windows 7/8.1 x64/8 x64/Vista64) ⟷Download
iP4600 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.20 (Windows 7/8.1/8/Vista/XP/2000 32-bit) ⟷Download
iP4600 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.21 (Windows XP x64) ⟷Download
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module Ver. 2 (Windows 7 32/64-bit) ⟷Download
Debian Linux Printer Driver Ver. 3.0 (Linux 32-bit) ⟷Download
RPM Linux Printer Driver Ver. 3.0 (Linux 32-bit) ⟷Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP4600:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP4600 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP4600.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.