Canon PIXMA iP6210D prints excellent documents and photos. BUT, as is often the case, buyers make bad choices according to their needs. This is NOT a production printer for photos, although it produces good images with quality inkjet paper that make sense. If you value quality at high speed; understand TCO (total cost of ownership); and can work quite well with your hands, THIS IS THE IDEAL PRINTER FOR YOU.
First, recognize that you are a machine that is electronic and mechanical. Secondly, realize that this printer is a FREE CHARGE when buying a set of Canon FINE inkjet cartridges at a 33% discount (about 50.00 USD) - MAKE SURE they CREATE THE PRINTER IN THE SAME SEALED BOX.
Recognize that this cartridge has limited ink capacity. However, if properly maintained, you can easily refill it with an OEM QUALITY CODE between 6 - 10 times at an average cost of less than $ 7.00 per set of cartridges.
Canon PIXMA iP6210D Specifications:
- Printer Type: Photo Printer
- Print Speed (up to): 4x6 borderless photo: approx. 60 seconds, 8.5x11 photo: approx. 2.3 minutes
- Number of Nozzles: Color: 384 x 6 colors (C, M, Y, Bk, PC, PM)Total: 2,30
- Print Resolution (Up to): Black:4800 x 1200 dpi, Color:4800 x 1200 dpi
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows XP/Me/2000/98, Mac OS X v10.2.1 to 10.4.x
- Standard Interfaces: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and Direct Print Port (cables not included), Bluetooth version 1.2 (optional)
- Ink Compatibility: CL-51 Color FINE Cartridge - High-Capacity CL-52 Photo FINE Cartridge - High-Capacity
- Ink Droplet Size: 2 and 5 picoliters
- Paper Sizes: Letter, Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Noise Level Approx: 43 dB(A) in the best quality mode
- Physical Dimensions: 17.3(W) x 6.8(H) x 10.3(D)
- Software Included: CD-ROM including Printer Driver, Setup Software and User's Guide,Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User's Guide, e-registration,Easy-PhotoPrint 3.3 (Windows/Mac), PhotoRecord (Windows), Easy-WebPrint (Windows only, requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5, version 6.0 recommended)
Canon PIXMA iP6210D System Requirements and Compatibility:Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon Pixma iP6210D CUPS Printer Driver (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)⟷Download
Printer Driver Windows 7 (32-bit) ⟷Download
Printer Driver Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32-bit) ⟷Download
Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5 ⟷Download
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module Windows 7/Vista (32 x64-bit) ⟷Download
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) ⟷Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)⟷Download
Easy-LayoutPrint Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32 x64-bit) ⟷Download
Canon Memory Card Utility Windows Vista (32-bit) ⟷ Download
Canon Memory Card Utility Windows Me/XP (32-bit)⟷Download
Printer User Guide for Windows users ⟷Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP6210D:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP6210D in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP6210D.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.