Canon's LBP3250 mono laser printer is a compact and thoughtfully designed device. Its specification is modest – a single USB port, low noise levels and 8,000 page maximum monthly duty cycle make it a good personal laser printer for home or office use. We were impressed by small touches like a flap to provide easier access to the printer's recessed USB port, which spared us the usual process of fumbling blindly to get the cable into position. We also liked its sleek design, with a hinged dust cover to keep the output clean when not in use. Even if you start printing with the cover closed, pages can still emerge through a narrow slit in the cover. The input tray folds out from the front of the machine.
It's easy to set up and install, with a simple driver and just one consumable – a black toner cartridge with an integrated photoconductor drum. We were also pleased to find that the LBP3250 comes with a 1,000 page starter cartridge. Replacement 2,000 page 1871B002AA cartridges cost £49 each. This produces a page cost of 2.5p. While this isn't significantly higher than the average price of a mono page from most similarly priced laser and inkjet printers, it doesn't stand out when compared to the print costs of other, cheaper, mono lasers.
The printer's Total Cost of Ownership also fails to impress. If you're a light user, printing 100 pages a month for a total of 3,600 over three years, you can expect to spend £198 over that period. This rises to £590 for medium users printing 21,000 pages over the same three-year period.
Print speeds are among the quickest we've seen from a compact mono laser device, at 21.7ppm in our mono text test and 20.6ppm for our heavily illustrated greyscale business documents. Standard quality text and business illustrations were sharp, dark and solid.
Although the printer has a fixed native resolution of 600x600dpi, there are three different quality settings: Standard, Text/Lines and Web Pages, which use resolution enhancement to create an effective resolution of up to 2,400x600dpi. Text/Lines mode is designed to smooth jagged edges when producing mono prints of coloured text and line drawings.
The Web Pages setting helps to ensure optimal quality when printing graphics-heavy content like web pages, photos or illustrated documents. We used the latter for our photo printing tests. This made no difference to the speed at which our photographic images printed - 16 seconds for six images on three sheets of A4 - but produced some noticeable improvements to their quality by smoothing out areas that appeared grainy in Standard quality mode.
The LBP3250 is well designed, with great print quality, and remarkably quick print speeds for such a compact device. However, unless you're particularly taken by its sleek design and quick printing, its running costs aren't good enough to beat the competition. If you're a light user with a small initial budget, Epson's Aculaser M1200 costs less than half the price to buy, while users with heavy printing requirements should look at either Samsung's SCX-4600 mono laser MFP or ML-2525 single-function printer.
Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 Specifications
- Maximum native print resolution 600x600dpi
- Maximum enhanced print resolution 2,400x600dpi
- Quoted speed, mono A4 23ppm
- Quoted warm-up time 0s
- Quoted time to first page, mono 6s
- Mono page from sleep time 1.0 8s
- Letter, time to first page 1.0 7s
- 25-page mono document – total time 00:01:09
- Time for 24 pages mixed greyscale 1.0 1m 10s
- Time for two greyscale 10x8in photos 1.1 12s
- Time for six greyscale 6x4in photos 1.0 16s
Physical and Environmental
- Standard printer interfaces USB
- Optional printer interfaces none
- Size 227x384x258mm
- Weight 6.8kg
- Noise (in normal use) 67dB(A)
- Duty cycle 8,000 pages
- Maximum paper size A4
- Maximum paper weight 163gsm
- Standard paper inputs 1
- Standard paper input capacity 250
- Maximum paper inputs 1
- Maximum paper input capacity 250
- Output tray capacity 100 sheets
- Duplex (code, cost if option) No
- Printer technology mono laser
- Language(s) host-based
- Supported operating systems Windows 2000/XP/XP 64-bit/Vista/Vista 64-bit/7/7 64-bit, Mac OS X 10.3.9 – 10.6, Linux
- Standard printer memory 8MB
- Maximum printer memory 8MB
- Other laser features and options 2,000 page 1871B002AA, £49
- Price £100
- Price of 2nd paper cassette n/a
- Capacity of supplied black toner 1,000 pages
- Capacity of supplied drum(s) replaced with toner
- Estimated mono TCO – three years light £198
- Estimated mono TCO – three years medium £590
- Estimated mono TCO – three years heavy £2746
- Warranty one year RTB
- Supplier http://www.okobe.co.uk
- Details www.canon.co.uk
Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 Operating System Compatibility:
Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Mac OS X v10.11 / Mac OS X v10.10 /Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 Driver Download ( Win,Mac OS,Linux)
Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 User Guide~~~>>> Download
Printer Driver For [Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 [32-bit]~~~>>> Download
Printer Driver For [Windows 7/Vista/XP [64-bit]~~~>>> Download
CAPT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh [Mac OS : 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12]~~~>>> Download
Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6~~~>>> Download
LBP3250 CAPT Printer Driver For [Windows 7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2 [64-bit]~~~>>> Download
LBP3250 CAPT Printer Driver For [Windows 7/8/8.1/10/Vista/XP/2000/Server 2008 [32-bit] ~~~>>>Download
CAPT Printer Driver For Linux [32-bit & 64-bit]~~~>>> Download
Canon CAPT Printer Driver For Linux [32-bit & 64-bit]~~~>>> Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 :
- First, you need to click the link provided for download,then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file.Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”,the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information,the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before,especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then,the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically
However,the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa),it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon i-SENSYS LBP3250.The above mentioned,the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.