Canon has a selection of printers that satisfy the needs of various users– from the house customer to graphic designers and office workers. Yet exactly what field the company feels it hasn’t attended to well enough are tiny office/home office (SOHO) and also local business (SMB) customers. The business has a line of Pixma versions created for this market, but it chose what it actually needs is a high-performance workhorse inkjet maker that supplies huge paper abilities, ink returns, and also cloud connectivity. Enter the new Maxify series.
Given that the Maxify is a brand-new lineup of inkjet printers, Canon gave it a fresh look that’s more fitting with tiny office settings. The Canon MAXIFY MB5060 is a smooth yet huge black dice with rounded top sides, measuring 18.3 x 18.1 inches as well as standing 13.9 inches high. It weighs in at less than 29 pounds; it’s not so extremely heavy that you can’t pick up or place on a desk, yet it’s by no means portable.
Given That the Canon MAXIFY MB5060 isn’t really an image printer, it uses standard four-color (CMYK) ink tank– readily available in requirement (PGI-2200) as well as high-capacity (PGI-2200XL) cartridges. For Maxify, Canon created a brand-new ink system, Twin Immune High Thickness. According to the firm, even the typical storage tanks have larger returns than what you might find with a Pixma design, and also the inks are developed to create graphs with vibrant colors and also sharp, optical density as well as crisp message. The basic cartridges cost $30 for black and $25 for each and every color (cyan, magenta, and also yellow); yield estimates are 1,000 web pages for black and also between 600 and also 815 web pages for the shade inks. The high-capacity cartridges are rated at an estimated 2,500 web pages for black, as well as between 1,295 and also 1,755 web pages for the colors; the XL black cartridge expenses regarding $35, while the color cartridges run around $28.
Establishing the Canon MAXIFY MB5060 is routine: After putting the ink cartridges, the printer primes the printhead and performs an automatic head positioning, which takes about 10 mins. You could opt to set up the software and drivers from the consisted of CD, which includes the Canon Quick Toolbox, IJ Scan Utility Optical Character Recognition, Easy WebPrint EX-SPOUSE, as well as a Speed Dial Energy for the fax. The Quick Toolbox offers a basic way to access the attributes of the MFP and introduce the other energies. Easy WebPrint EX lets you clip items of Websites as well as paste them with each other into a solitary, record– saving paper by not printing nonessential sections of the web pages. For the computer savvy, you can bypass the software altogether and just mount the drivers you need.
Canon MAXIFY MB5060 Specifications:
- Printer Functions
- Ink Droplet Size: 5pl (C/M/Y), 11pl (PGBK).
- Printing Resolution: 600(horizontal) x 1200 (vertical) dpi.
- Print Speed: ESAT A4/LTR B&WSimplex Approx. 23 ipmFPOT Ready approx. 7 secESAT A4/LTR ColourSimplex Approx. 15 ipmFPOT Ready Approx. 9 sec.
- Ink Tanks: PGI-2600, PGI-2600, PGI-2600, PGI-2600Y/PGBK/C/M.
- Optional Ink Tanks: PGI-2600XL, PGI-2600XL, PGI-2600XL, PGI-2600XL.
- Ink Yield: Black: Approx 1000 pages, Colour: Approx 700 pages.
- XL Ink Yield: Black: Approx 2500 pages, Colour: Approx 1500 pages.
- Borderless Printing: N/A.
- Paper Capacity: A4 =250, 4"x6"=20, A4, LTR, Envelope European DL/US Com.
- Supported Paper Sizes: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4"x6", 5"x7", 8"x10", Envelopes(DL, COM).
- Supported Paper Weights: Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2, Canon specialty paper: max paper weight: approx. 275g/m2 (Photo Paper Plus Glossy II PP-201).
- Protocol: TCP/IP.
- Wireless LAN Network Type: IEEE802.11n/IEEE802.11g/IEEE802.11b.
- Frequency Band / Channe: 2.4GHz / 1-13.
- Wireless LAN Range: indoor 50m (depends on the transmission speed and conditions).
- Wireless LAN Security: WEP64/128bit, WPA-PSK(TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES).
- Wired LAN Network Type: IEEE802.3u (100BASE-TX) / IEEE802.3 (10BASE-T).
- Wired LAN Data Rate: 10M/100Mbps (auto switchable).
- Mobile Phone/Tablet Printing: Available.
- Camera Printing: N/A.
- Memory Card Printing: Available.
- PC Interface: Available.
- Copier Functions
- Speed: sFCOT A4/LTR Colour Simplex Approx. 12 secADF ESAT A4/LTR B&W Simplex Approx. 21 ipmADF ESAT A4/LTR C Simplex Approx. 10 ipm.
- Multiple Copy: Max. 99 pages.
- Scanner Functions
- Scanner Type: Flatbed & ADF.
- Scanning resolution: 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- Scanning Bit Depth (Input/ Output): Grayscale; 16bit/8bit / Colour: 48bit/24bit (RGB each 16bit/8bit).
- Scanning Speed: Approx 18 ipm B&W / Approx 10 ipm Colour.
- Fax Functions
- Fax Resolutions: Black: 8pels/mm x 3.85lines/mm(Standard), 8pels/mm x 7.7lines/mm(Fine), 300dpi x 300dpi (Extra Fine) Colour: 200dpi×200dpi.
- Transmission Speed: Black: approx. 3 sec. (33.6kbps)Colour: approx. 1 min. (33.6kbps).
- Modem Speed: Maximum 33.6kbps (Automatic fall back).
- Transmission / Reception Memory: Approx. 250 pages.
- PC Fax
- Type: Windows: via FAX modem(in MFP), Mac:N/A.
- Destination Number: 1 Location, Black / Colour, B/W transmission only.
- MAXIFY Cloud Link
- From smartphone or tablet: Available.
- From printer: Available.
- Print from Email: Available.
- Google Could Print: Available.
- Apple Air Print: Available.
- MAXIFY Printing Solutions: Available.
- Access point mode: Available.
- Cloud Apps: Facebook, Twitter, Creative Park Premium and Web Template Print, Canon Image Gateway, Picasa, Photobucket, Evernote, Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive.
- General Features
- Colour LCD Screen: LCD(3.0 inch / 7.5 cm TFT colour/ Touch).
- Intelligent Touch System: Available.
- Dual Paper Path: N/A.
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only), Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later.
- Power Source: AC100 - 240V, 50/60Hz.
- Power Consumption: Standby (scanning lamp is off) USB connection to PC: approx. 1.0W, OFF: Approx 0.3W, Copying (USB connection to PC) approx. 29W.
- Dimensions (W x D x H): Approx. 463 x 394 x 291 mm.
- Weight: Approx. 11.4KG.
Canon MAXIFY MB5060 Compatible OS (Operating System)
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / OS X v10.10 / OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Mac OS X v10.5 / Linux.
MAXIFY MB5060 Full Driver & Software Package For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟹ Download
MAXIFY MB5060 MP Drivers For (Windows Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016) ⟹ Download
MAXIFY MB5060 MP Drivers For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
MAXIFY MB5060 XPS Printer Driver For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016) ⟹ Download
Quick Utility Toolbox For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012/Server 2012 R2/Server 2016)⟹Download
Easy-WebPrint EX For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
PosterArtist Lite For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) ⟹ Download
PosterArtist Updater For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) ⟹ Download
My Printer For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹ Download
Canon IJ Scan Utility OCR Dictionary For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64) ⟹ Download
Canon IJ Scan Utility OCR Dictionary For (Windows XP)⟹ Download
Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟹Download
MAXIFY MB5060 Full Driver & Software Package For (MacOS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6) ⟹ Download
MAXIFY MB5060 CUPS Printer Driver For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)⟹ Download
MAXIFY MB5060 CUPS Printer Driver For (Mac OS X 10.6) 11. ⟹ Download
ICA Driver For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7) ⟹Download
ICA Driver (OS X 10.6) ⟹Download
IJ Scan Utility For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8) ⟹Download
Quick Utility Toolbox For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6) ⟹ Download
Canon IJ Network Tool For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7) ⟹ Download
Speed Dial Utility For (MacOS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6) ⟹ Download
IJ Scan Utility For (OS X v10.7)⟹ Download
IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6) ⟹ Download
Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6) ⟹Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive) ⟹ Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive) ⟹ Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file) ⟹ Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive) ⟹ Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive) ⟹ Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file) ⟹ Download
MAXIFY MB5060 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)⟹Download
MAXIFY MB5060 (PDF) User Manual (Windows) ⟹Download
Getting Started Guide ⟹ Download
Guide for Quick Utility Toolbox (Mac) ⟹ Download
Guide for Quick Utility Toolbox (Windows)⟹Download
ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide) ⟹Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide) ⟹Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon MAXIFY MB5060:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon MAXIFY MB5060 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon MAXIFY MB5060.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.