Canon company from Japan Sakura Japan is famous and specialist in the field of printer hardware, almost every year they produce quality printers in terms of design and other specifications. One of the printer product that is quite interested is Canon PIXMA IP1920. This printer has actually been marketed since 2009 ago, but the Canon is still producing it and is still available at the computer store that sells it. Speaking of speed, Canon PIXMA IP1920 is pretty good compared to previous Canon printer series. But unfortunately for the cartridge from the printer often experience an error or die, in contrast to the IP1200 series and IP1700 the catridge is still pretty good.
The Canon PIXMA IP1920 printer has the same dimensions as the IP1880, which has a diameter of 442 x 237 x 152mm (W x D x H) or 17.4 (W) x 9.3 (D) x 6.0 (H) inch with a weight of 3, 3kg. The surface of the body is made of black plastic material gloss light to look quite attractive appearance with a bright black color. This printer is designed with an elegant minimalist style that does not take many places, easy to clean and easy to use.
The interface of Canon PIXMA IP1920 devices with desktop devices is connected via a USB slot to create a good performance between them, and this Canon printer supports Windows operating systems ranging from Windows 2000, XP, Vista and 7 also supporting the Mac operating system from version 10.2. 8 to 10.4.x.
Performance & Quality
With a 4800 (horizontal) x 1200 (vertical) resolution, the Canon PIXMA IP1920 printer delivers up to 600 x 600 dpi print resolution for black-and-white documents and 4800 x 1200 dpi for color printing so it can print with great printouts. Prints 4 x 6 limits as fast as 55 seconds, black-and-white documents up to 22 pages per minute (ppm), and color documents up to 17 copies per minute.
In addition to good print quality, while recharge the ink was very easy because the live injections and printer speed is also better than Epson T20e Printer with almost the same price, even the price of Canon PIXMA IP1920 cheaper than the Epson T20e. This printer is most durable and good if for the use of printing black color than other colors and print draft text is also clear.
The Canon PIXMA IP1920 includes a rather frugal printer for power usage, which has a 100-240V 50 / 60Hz power source alone, and an average AC power consumption of less than 0.8W (Standby Print) and less than 0.6W (Off) and 8W (Printing). The Canon PIXMA IP1920 printer also has an acoustic noise of around 44dB (A) when printing in standard print quality mode in Photo Paper Pro. This printer is a bit light but also a bit noisy during the printing process, which is almost the same as Canon printer type IP1700.
In addition to having the above advantages, Canon PIXMA IP1920 also has some shortcomings one of which is a broken and somewhat noisy roller. On the part of his catridge is often experienced problems to mold 3 reams, the cause can be due to blocked or clogged nokselnya. Worse yet, his catridge likes undetected, especially when the printed photo prints his picture looks less natural and a bit red. Therefore, to reduce the deficiency in the Canon PIXMA IP1920 is recommended to modify it with the infusion system so as not to need to frequently pull the cardtridge, so you just put the ink into the tube, but that must be remembered is for the ink brand should be the same in order to avoid the different color elements printed later.
Canon PIXMA IP1920 Specifications:SOFTWARE
- Mac OS, Windows
- Print Media Supported
- Labels, Iron-on transfers, Photo paper, semi-gloss, Photo paper, glossy, Photo paper, matt, Photo paper, Plain paper, Envelopes
- Print Speed Colour (pages per minute)
- Photo Printer
- Print Speed B&W (pages per minute)
- Printer Type
- Printer Usage
- Small Office / Home Office
- Maximum Resolution (B&W)
- 4800dpi x 1200dpi
- Maximum Resolution (Colour)
- 4800dpi x 1200dpi
- Colour Printer
- Length (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Width (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Power Supply
- AC Power
- Wired Terminals / Ports
- USB 2.0
Canon PIXMA IP1920 System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA iP1900 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) 22.214.171.124 17 MB⟷ Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 series Printer Driver (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/Vista64) 2.20 11 MB⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 series Printer Driver (Windows 8.1/8/Vista/XP/2000) 32bit 2.20 10 MB⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 CUPS Printer Driver for Mac OS X 10.5/Mac OS X 10.6 10.26.0 9.9 MB⟷ Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 Printer Driver for Mac Mac OS X 10.3/Mac OS X 10.4/Mac OS X 10.5 7.5.0 7.2 MB ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 Printer Driver for Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32-bit) 2.20 10 MB ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit) 2 30 MB ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP1900 Debian Linux Printer Driver Linux (32-bit) 3.0 7.7 MB⟷ Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA IP1920:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA IP1920 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA IP1920.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.