Effective printing at home: PIXMA iP2840
For home use, Canon has created a compact and compact monofunctional PIXMA iP2840 printer. It is specially designed for everyday use and will replace the iP2700 model. Models in this stylish and compact package are perfect for home use in small spaces, for example for learners who can easily install devices on the desktop. Thanks to the Canon FINE cartridge technology, incorporating black pigment based inks and color based dyes, the iP2840 is able to print text and photos of the highest quality.
iP2840 will help home users save energy by using the auto-off feature, which automatically turns off the printer when not in use for a certain time. Then the auto-on feature starts the printer again when the user starts printing. Calm mode lets you dramatically reduce the volume of your work to print homes almost silently.
Canon PIXMA iP2840 Specifications:
- Print Resolution: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
- Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (BK, CL) Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size
- Standard Ink Cartridges: PG-445 (Pigment Black) CL-446 (Colour)
- Testing standards: ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 colour document pages Values obtained by continuous printing
- Paper Sizes: Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL Photo paper: 13x18cm, 10x15cm
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Software Included: Printer driver, My Image Garden, Quick Menu, Easy-WebPrint EX, (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
Canon PIXMA iP2840 System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon Pixma iP2840 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.75 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 Guide for Quick Menu (Windows) ⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)⟹ Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 series Getting Started Guide ⟹Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)⟹Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (Source file)⟹Download
Canon Pixma iP2840 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (rpm Packagearchive)⟹ Download
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟹Download
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟹Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟹Download
Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP2840:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP2840 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP2840.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.