All in one printer is constantly popular when it comes to home printing, but some users still want and need a single function printer. Since they have fewer components, a single function printer costs less and takes up less space.
At less than £ 40, you will definitely be hard pressed to find an MFP that beats the price of a single function Canon Pixma iP2850. It's a small, white, slightly thin printer that looks a bit old-fashioned but occupies a gratifyingly little counter space with a folded tray. There is no lip in the output tray, but we are happy to find that the printed page does not drop off the end or slip out of sequence.
We're used to budget printers that are less capable than their more expensive counterparts, but iP2850 is missing some of the features we take for granted from inkjet printers. The most notable of these is the lack of borderless photo printing on the size. Granted, we would not recommend dual-cartridge, this four color printer ink system for photos at the best of times, but it would have been nice to have the option. It's also worth noting that the photo paper support paper only includes 6x4in papers; You can not select photo paper as an option if you have also opted for A4 paper size.
The iP2850 has pigment-based black ink cartridges and tri-color cartridges for dye-based inks. Tri-color cartridges often appear on inexpensive printers and MFIs, but note that if any you have to replace the entire cartridge if one of the colors runs out. The XL cartridge is available, which should provide 400 black and 300 page colors. We have calculated the color mixture of our average page printing costs of 11.6p and the 3.7p steep mono cost based on the XL cartridges.
Although the combined cartridge color system is often regarded as of inferior quality than their respective ink counterparts, we are pleased with the professional, clean looking monochrome text and color print documents of printers. We have to look very closely at our standard monochrome text print quality to see flaws in all letters, while quality text prints have thin letters but only a few jagged edges are visible on circular letters. Draft mode saves ink, but it does not actually print faster. Printing our standard quality text is really a few seconds faster, resulting in 7.1ppm print speed versus 7ppm speed design. The color of our printed articles is strongly illustrated, the graphics and web pages look great, with sharp lines, fine shading and accurate colors. Small 8pt serif and sans serif fonts are also clearly legible.
Canon PIXMA iP2850 Specifications:Print Resolution: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Print Technology: 2 FINE Cartridges (BK, CL) Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size
Standard Ink Cartridges: PG-545 (Pigment Black) CL-546 (Colour)
Paper Sizes: Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL Photo paper: 13x18cm, 10x15cm
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
Software Included: Printer driver, My Image Garden, Quick Menu, Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
Canon PIXMA iP2850 System Requirements and Compatibility:Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon Pixma iP2850 series Full Driver & Software Package (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)⟷ Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.75 (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series XPS Printer Driver (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 Guide for Quick Menu (Windows) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series Getting Started Guide ⟷Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide) ⟷Download
IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (Source file) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP2850 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (rpm Packagearchive)⟷ Download
My Printer (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟷Download
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷Download
Quick Menu (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟷Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP2850 :
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP2850 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP2850.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.