My previous PRINTER was the Canon Pixma iP4000R ink jet printer. Since this printer is now damaged and completely unable to print anymore, and my wife has already begged for a new printer that is more okay, so I plan to buy a new printer.
A little flash back tells about Canon Pixma iP4000R. This printer is included "not" cheap printer. Where before when I bought the price around idr 1.9 million. Why do I buy this printer when there are many other printers that are much cheaper with a rate of about a million? Because in Pixma IP 4000 offers a lot of features that I think is very easy for me. An example is a feature for CD label printing. This feature is very useful and allows me at that time still hobby to make a duplicate CVD. With this feature I can create a beautiful CD label and fit in accordance with his CD without any sloping.
Another feature I like about my old printer is duplex printing or alternating shuffle features. This feature is very helpful for me who like print tutorials and the like that is usually a lot and spend paper, with this feature I do not have to tired to set the paper when printed because by itself the printer will perform print task back and forth. So the job can be quickly completed and can be economical paper.
Another feature is the presence of a paper tray in this printer. So the paper goes to print in this printer there are 2 ways, namely through the tray or through his paper feed at the top. With a paper tray, I do not have to tire of giving paper bit by bit to print. Immediately I put it in a tray of some paper, I live ongkang-foot all done by the printer. It's really a useful feature and does not make it complicated.
More importantly, Canon Pixma iP4000R has adopted an individual ink cartridge. The advantages of the printer that has adopted this is in addition to the economic factor in terms of consumption of ink, because the ink that is just going to be replaced, also print technology printers with this famous technology more accurate and steady than those who still use conventional ink technology 3 in 1 color. I see the color prints from this printer onto really great photo paper and the colors are really accurate to what is on the monitor. Pas I compare with ordinary printer I think so much better printer iP4000R this.
Well that's a little story about my old printer that is currently damaged and can not be used anymore. Sure I had planned to service it, just because the service charge is pretty big (almost like buying a regular printer), and the results are not necessarily the same as before, so I think it's better to buy a new item where everything is still standard.
Canon PIXMA iP4000R Specifications:
- Print Speed (up to): Black:25 ppm (approx. 2.4 seconds/page) Color:17 ppm (approx. 3.5 seconds/page) 4x6 borderless photo: approx. 36 seconds
- Number of Nozzles: Black: 320, Color: 512 x 2 (C, M), 256 x 2 (Y, Bk); Total Nozzles: 1856
- Print Resolution (Up to): Black:600 x 600 dpi Color:4800 x 1200 dpi
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows XP/Me/NT 4.0/2000/98, Mac OS 9.x, OS X v10.2.1 to 10.3.x
- Standard Interfaces: USB, IEEE 1284 parallel, Direct Print Port (Cables not included.)
- Ink Compatibility: BCI-3eBk, BCI-6Bk, BCI-6C, BCI-6M, BCI-6Y
- Paper Sizes: Letter, legal, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 envelopes
- Noise Level Approx: 35 dB(A) in the best quality mode
- Physical Dimensions: 16.5 W x 11.3 D x 6.7 H
- Power Source: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM including: Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint (Windows/Mac), Easy-WebPrint (Windows), PhotoRecord(Windows), Electronic User's Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic Registration.
Canon PIXMA iP4000R System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Printer User Guide for Windows users ⟷Download
Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6) ⟷Download
Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5) ⟷Download
Canon Network Tool Windows 2000/7/Vista/XP (32 x64-bit) ⟷Download
Canon Network Setup and Tool For Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5 ⟷Download
Easy-LayoutPrint Windows 2000/Vista/XP (32 x64-bit) ⟷Download
Canon Network Setup and Tool Windows 2000/Me/Vista (32-bit) ⟷Download
Canon Pixma iP4000R CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6) ⟷Download
Printer Drivers for Network Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) ⟷Download
Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module For Windows 7/Vista (32 x64-bit) ⟷Download
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟷Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷ Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP4000R:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP4000R in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP4000R.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.