The Canon Pixma iP4500 is a pretty attractive printer a single function designed for use in public homes. Unlike many single photo-oriented functions such as Canon Pixma iP6700D, the iP4500 lacks a memory card slot and an LCD preview. IP4500 is a step up from the recent iP3500, it offers faster print speeds, slightly better print quality, and more features, including automatic duplexer. If your printing needs are minimal, however, we think you should save your money and stick to a more expensive model like $ 80 iP3500, but if you print enough to justify the price, iP4500 is the best choice for general printing.
The Pixma iP4500 design is simple and easy - the body is especially black, with silver accents. It measures 17.5 inches, 11.9 inches, and 6.3 inches, and weighs 15.2 pounds. The only features in the printer's control panel are the PictBridge USB port, power and undo / feed buttons, and the source input switch that switches between the paper tray.
You get two paper input options in this model: rear folds back input from the top / back edge of the printer, and the tape pulls out from the bottom / front. Both can store up to 150 pages of plain paper. Canon recommends placing rigid media such as photo paper on the back input, such as paper in a cassette forced to bend around the roller. Both inputs have a paper guide set up
For those of you who are still confused with how to install a canon printer, never be afraid to try it. Although you've never tried installing a canon printer driver, it's important you understand the steps of installing the printer driver. Canon printers have various types. Such as: canon 2100, ip 1300, ip 1700, ip 1800, ip 1980, ip 2770 or ip 4500 type. Each type of canon printer has different driver types with each other. Driver function is to send data from computer to printer . So without the driver, the printer will not work.Although the canon printer has many types, but basically the principle of installing a printer driver especially canon printer is the same.
Canon PIXMA IP4500 Specifications:
- Printer Type: Photo Printer
- Print Speed (up to): Black:31 ppm (as fast as 1.9 seconds per page), Color:24 ppm (as fast as 2.5 seconds per page), Postcard Size:4 x 6 borderless photo: approx. 21 seconds
- Number of Nozzles: Black: 512 Color: 512 x 3 (C/M), 512 x 1 (Y/BK) Total: 4,608
- Print Resolution (Up to): Black:600 x 600 dpi, Color:9600 x 2400 dpi
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X v.10.2.8 to 10.5.x
- Standard Interfaces: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, PictBridge (cables not included)
- Ink Droplet Size: Picoliter Size: 1, 2 and 5
- Paper Sizes: Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 4 x 8, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes, Photo Stickers
- Noise Level Approx: 34.5 dB(A) in the best quality mode
- Physical Dimensions: 17.5(W) x 11.9(D) x 6.3(H)
- Software Included: CD-ROM including Printer Driver, Setup Software and User's Guide, Easy-PhotoPrint EX
Canon PIXMA IP4500 System Requirements and Compatibility:
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon PIXMA iP4500 series CUPS Printer Driver for (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)⟷ Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 series Printer Driver For (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/Vista x64)⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 Driver for Linux ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 Driver for OSX 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5 (Non CUPS) ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 series Printer Driver For (Windows 8.1/8/Vista/XP/2000) ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module For Windows 7 ⟷Download
My Printer Software for (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷ Download
My Image Garden Software for (Win 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷Download
Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000) ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 series User Manual (Windows) ⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 series User Manual (Mac)⟷Download
Canon PIXMA iP4500 Printer User Guide⟷Download
Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)⟷Download
Easy-WebPrint EX Software for (Win 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷ Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX Software for (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10.10/10.11) ⟷Download
Easy-PhotoPrint EX Software for (Win 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)⟷ Download
Solution Menu Software for (Win 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000) ⟷Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA iP4500:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA iP4500 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA iP4500.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.