Special features: Canon Pixma iP4700 inkjet printer replaces Canon iP4600. Unlike its predecessor, the iP4700 is completely black. Otherwise, the inkjet printer is slightly changed externally. Even so, much goes on under the hood. Because Pixma iP4700 works faster in exams than iP4600.
Tempo: As our speed test is revealed, the two printers just separate the nuances. So the iP4700 gets a nice 20 second advantage on our PDF-Zehnseiter. However, the printing time is 11:24 minutes compared to other inkjet printers more in midfield. The situation is similar to Grauert's ten pages: by 1:13 minutes, the Canon iP4700 is right in front of its predecessor. In the test field, the value is just average.
Quality: Although the operation of the Pixma iP4700 is a bit faster it has a high print quality than its predecessor. So the lyrics have a nice black cover. The sharpness of the letters is also true. In sure color printing Canon models today with a very smooth transition. Our test photo is a bit too dark, but has a harmonious color scheme. Even under the microscope, we can barely see the grid. The only weakness we saw was a slightly rusty skin tone.
Features: With two paper trays, CD printing capability, integrated duplex unit and Pictbridge port, Canon iP4700 remains flexible as we used to use from the device series. Canon has not found a new feature on the Canon Pixma iP4700.
Canon PIXMA iP4700 Specifications:
- Printer Type: Photo Printer.
- Features: Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Photo Printing, 2-Way Paper Feeding, 5 Individual Ink Tanks, Auto Sheet Feeder, Paper Output Tray Sensor, PictBridge.
- Print Speed (up to): Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 9.2 ipm, Color: ESAT (Color): Approx. 8.1 ipm, 4 x 6 borderless photo: approx. 20 seconds.
- Number of Nozzles: Black: 320, Color:4,096, Total: 4,416.
- Print Resolution (Up to): Black:600 x 600 dpi, Color:9600 x 2400 dpi.
- Standard Interfaces: PictBridge (Cable not included), USB 2.0 Hi-Speed.
- Ink Droplet Size: Picoliter Size: 1, 2 and 5.
- Paper Sizes: 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes.
- Output Tray Capacity: Auto Sheet Feeder: (Plain Paper) 150 Sheets, Cassette: 150 Sheets.
- Noise Level Approx: 46.5 dB(A) in the best quality mode.
- Physical Dimensions: 17.0(W) x11.7(D) x 6.0(H).
- Weight: 12.4 lbs.
- Power Consumption: Approx. 17W (0.9W Standby).
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, PIXMA iP4700 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-Web Print EX (Windows Only), Solution Menu.
Canon PIXMA iP4700 System Requirements and Compatibility:Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
Canon iP4700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X) ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.33a (Win 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP) ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 220.127.116.11 (OS X 10.5/10.6) ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.33a (Windows XP x64) ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.33 (Windows 2000) ⟹Download
Printer Driver for OSX (Mac OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5) ⟹Download
RPM Linux Print Drivers Linux (32-bit) ⟹Download
Debian Linux Print Drivers for iP4700 ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series User Manual (Windows) ⟹Download
Canon iP4700 series User Manual (Mac) ⟹Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon Pixma iP4700 :
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon Pixma iP4700 Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon Pixma iP4700 The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.