CANON imageFORMULA P-215II is a compact portable scanner with stylish design that is suitable for scanning documents wherever you are. In addition to suitable for home use, portable scanner is also suitable for the needs of executive or company, such as insurance companies, properties, etc. that many scan documents when meeting clients.
The CANON P-215II is practical because of plug-and-play, where you simply connect the scanner to your PC / Laptop via USB and can be used immediately without the need to install additional software or applications. The compact size of 285 x 257 x 174 mm when the tray is opened or 285 x 95 x 40 mm makes it easy for the scanner to fit into the bag.
Though compact and portable, the CANON P-215II scanner can scan with an output resolution of up to 600 dpi. Scan speed differs depending on whether the scanner is connected to usb 2.0 or 3.0.
Black / White With USB 3.0: 15ppm / 30ipm, with USB 2.0: 12ppm / 14ipm
Color With USB 3.0: 10ppm / 20ipm, with USB 2.0: 10ppm / 10ipm
Can be used to scan documents with paper width 50,8 - 216 mm and 70 - 356 mm length and thickness 52 - 128 g / m². In addition to paper documents, this scanner can also scan cards with emboss design. In terms of productivity and time efficiency, this Canon scanner can scan two sides of documents simultaneously and has a document feeder that can hold up to 20 sheets of paper.
Canon imageFORMULA P-215II Specs
- Type USB Powered Sheetfed Scanner
- Scanning sensor unit CMOS CIS 1 Line Sensor
- Optical resolution 600dpi
- Light source RGB LED
- Scanning side Front / Back / Duplex
- Interface Hi speed USB 2.0 & USB 3.0
- Dimensions (WxDxH)
- Tray Closed :285 (W) x 95 (D) x 40 (H)mm
- Tray Opened: 285 (W) x 257 (D) x 174 (H)mm
- Approx. 1.0kg
- Power requirements
- USB 2.0 bus power: 0.5A (1.0A in combination with power supply USB cable)
- USB 3.0 bus power: 0.9A
- Optional AC Adaptor DC6V. 0.8A
- Power consumption
- USB cable only: 2.5W (USB 2.0), 4.5W (USB 3.0)
- USB cable and power supply USB cable: 5.0W (USB 2.0), 7.0W (USB 3.0)
- Sleep mode: 1.5W, Power OFF: 0.1W
- Operating environment
- 10 – 32.5ºC (50 – 90.5ºF), Humidity: 25 – 80% RH
- Environmental compliance
- RoHS and ENERGY STAR
- Black and White With USB 3.0: 15ppm / 30ipm, with USB 2.0: 12ppm / 14ipm
- Colour With USB 3.0: 10ppm / 20ipm, with USB 2.0: 10ppm / 10ipm
- Output resolution 150 x 150dpi, 200 x 200dpi, 300 x 300dpi, 400 x 400dpi, 600 x 600dpi
- Colour mode Black & White, Error Diffusion, Advanced Text Enhancement II, 8-Bit Greyscale: (256-Level), 24-Bit Colour, Auto Colour Detection
- Suggested Daily Duty Cycle Approx 500 scans / day
- Width 50.8 - 216mm
- Length 70 - 356mm
- Thickness 52 - 128g/m² (0.06 - 0.15mm)
- Long document mode Up to 1,000mm
- Card scanning 54 x 86 x 1.4mm (Embossed card scanning is supported)
- Paper separation Separation Pad Method
- Feeder capacity 20 sheets (64g/m²)
- Automatic Page Size Detection, Deskew, 3- Dimensional Colour Correction, Colour Dropout (RGB), Auto Colour Detection, Shading Correction, Text Enhancement, MultiStream, Preset Gamma Curve, Scan Panel, Prescan, Image Rotation, Skip Blank Page, Select Scanning Document Side, Scan Area Setting, Text Orientation, Continuous Scanning, Edge Enhancement, Moire Reduction, Prevent Bleed Through/Remove Background, Contrast Arrangement, Colour Drift, Background Smoothing, Shadow Cropping (on/off switchable), Trimming, Corrections suitable for photographs, Auto Resolution Setting
- ISIS /TWAIN Driver (Windows XP Pro / XP Home / VISTA / 7 / 8 / 10)
- CaptureOnTouch Lite
- Nuance PaperPort
- Presto! BizCard Reader
- Plug-in: Evernote, SharePoint, Google Docs, SugarSync, Dropbox, OneDrive
- EMC Captiva Cloud Runtime Controls
- TWAIN Driver
- CaptureOnTouch Lite
- Presto! PageManager
- Presto! BizCard Reader
- Plug-in: Evernote, SharePoint, Google Docs, SugarSync, Dropbox
- Separation Pad, Feed Roller
- Silex C-6600GB Scan-and-Print Server (convert USB to network interface)
- Canon Wi-Fi Unit WU10
Canon imageFORMULA P-215II driver download for Windows:
P-215II Driver for Windows V1.0 SP2
Support Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32bit or 64bit)
Detail: ISIS/TWAIN Windows Driver for DR-P215II
File name: d155omux_w_P21511_DRv10SP2.zip
Driver size: 66.1 Mb
Canon imageFORMULA P-215II driver download for Mac OS X:
Support Mac OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7
Detail: CaptureOnTouch provides easy and effective scanning, including simple one-touch operation for routine tasks such as scan-to-email or scan-to-desktop.
File name: CaptureOnTouch_v2.3_Driver_v1.3_Mac_ML.dmg
Driver size: 97.1 Mb
Canon imageFORMULA P-215II driver download for Linux OS:
P-215II Driver for Linux
Detail: This Driver supports the following Linux Distributions.
-Ubuntu: 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04
-Debian: 6.0, 7.0
-Fedora: 17, 18, 19, 20
-OpenSUSE: 12.2, 12.3, 13.1
File name: d1514mux_lnx_DRP215II_v10005.zip
Driver size: 988 Kb
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon imageFORMULA P-215II:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
- Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon imageFORMULA P-215II in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon imageFORMULA P-215II.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.