Experience a new level of office productivity with the fast and reliable LBP5970, which delivers large A3 documents at 9600dpi with fast heating time for printing and energy saving.
32/30 ppm A3 printing
Print documentation of clear & crisp black & white presentation, deeper into your demanding professional laser quality. With super fast prints of 32 pages per minute for black and white pages and 30 per minute for color on A3 paper, this printer delivers speed and quality in one.
Printing over the network is possible with standard network printer built-in for easy quick printing in small work groups or offices. A suite of Canon networking software is also available, including NetSpot devices, NetSpot Console and Remote UI allowing users to manage and control tasks such as checking printer status, monitoring prints or deleting jobs.
UFR II: Ultra-fast prints
LASER SHOT uses the Canon Ultra Fast Rendering (UFR II) architecture to efficiently distribute data processing loads between printers and PCs. UFR II ensures the printer has a consistent print level, unaffected by changes in data size or print environment. This allows the printer to achieve increased processing speed dramatically compared to the conventional print architecture. With UFR II and the built-in PCL 5e / 6 built-in driver this laser printer integrates easily into your business workflow for the most efficient output.
Specifications CANON LBP-5970
- Printing Method Electrophotographic printing using laser beam printing
- Fixing On-Demand Fixing Method
- Language Printing UFRⅡ, PCL5c, PCL6, Postscript 3 (Optional)
- 600 x 1200dpi
- Toner Catridges
- YMC 6K / BK 10K
- Drum Catridges YMC 40K images / K 45K images
- Print Speed
- A4 Mono: 32 pages / Color: 30 pages
- A3 Mono: 15 pages / Color: 15 pages
- First Print Out Time (FPOT)
- Hot Start Mono 7.5 seconds or less
- Color 9 seconds or less
- Paper Size A3, B4, A4, B5, A5, Ledger, Legal, Letter, Executive, Statement, 12x18, 8K, 16K, Envelope (C5, B5, Com10, Monarch, DL)
- Paper Input
- Standard Cassette: 250 sheets CST (64g / m2)
- Multi-Purpose: 100 sheets (64g / m2)
- Paper Input Tray: 550 sheets CST (
- Duplex Printing Standard
- Network Printing Built-in Network
- Memory (RAM) Standard: 256MB DDR-SDRAM
- Optional: 128MB / 256MB / 512MB
- USB: USB2.0 Hi-Speed
- Network: 10Base-T / 100 Base-Tx
- Power Consumption [at temperature of 68 ° F (20 ° C)]
- Average during operation: Approx. 645W
- Average during standby: Approx. 36W
- Average during Panel Off Mode (Power Save Mode 1): Approx. 35W
- Average during Printer Power Save Mode (Power Save Mode 2): Approx. 16W
- Average during Deep Sleep Mode (Power Save Mode 3): Approx. 1W
- Maximum: 1495W or less
- Operating system
- Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, XP, Vista
- Mac OS X v.10.4.9 or later
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 545 x 651 x 380mm
- Weight Approx. 48.5kg
Operating(s) System(s) : Mac OS X 10. All Series
File Name : UFRII Printer Driver for Mac OS X [Ver.10.13.00] – For Mac OS 10.Series– File extract : Mac_drivers/mac/UFRIIdriver_10.13.00_Mac.zip
Latest updated on 05/02/17 – Link Download – File Size (67.9 MB) –
File Name : PS Printer Driver [Ver.4.11.0] – For Mac OS 10.Series – File extract : Mac_drivers/mac/PS_Printer_Driver_4.11.00_Mac.zip – 44.3 MB
Latest updated on 05/02/17 – Link Download –
Operating(s) System(s) : Windows 8.1 (32-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit), Windows 8 (32-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows Vista (64-bit), Windows XP (32-bit)
File Name : UFRII Printer Setup Installer [Ver.15.00] – For All Windows both 64bit or 32Bit – File extract : Canon_UFRII_15.00_Set-up_x64_x32.exe – Latest updated 01/09/17
File Name : Postscript Printer Driver Setup Installer [Ver.15.00] – For All Windows both64bit or 32Bit – File extract : Canon_PostScript_v15.00_Set-up_x64_x32.exe – Latest updated 01/09/17
File Name : Generic PCL6 Printer Driver [Ver.3.02] – For All Windows both 64bit or 32Bit – File extract : FreeCanon_PCL6_v3.02_Set-up_x64_x32.exe – Latest updated 01/09/17
Link Download – 64 bit | 32 bit Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon imageRUNNER LBP5970:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon imageRUNNER LBP5970 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon imageRUNNER LBP5970 The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.