As with any other computer, a scanner requires intermediate software between itself and the operating system. Software called this driver is used by Windows to communicate, so a scanner can be used by the user.
The CanoScan N670U is one of Canon's products that may still be used by some scanner users. Although the model may look quite old, it is still sufficient for some computer users. With the right drivers, this scanner is still pretty usable.
Driver scanners are commonly referred to as this latest TWAIN driver, version 184.108.40.206a, for both Windows 2000, XP, and Vista. With the size of a relatively small driver, only about 5.2 MB, has all its features included. Once the driver is installed on the computer, then the user was able to use the scanner, either Canon's program such as CanoScan Toolbox or can also directly scan documents from third-party programs that are integrated like Adobe Photoshop.
As it's an old product, the driver for this scanner is not available for Windows 7 and above, but it should still be overcome by using Windows Vista drivers, since the core of the two windows are not much different.
This driver provides several features of CanoScan N670U scanners such as:
- Perform a color or black and white document scan;
- Supports up to 48-bit color depth (internal) and 24-bit (external), gray, 16-bit (internal) / 8-bit (external), black-and-white;
- Supports documents that are a maximum of 8.5 inches x 11.7 inches (letter);
- The use of relatively low power, up to 2.5 W.
Canon N670U can be used with today's common and widely used USB cable. And one of the advantages of this scanner, although in the category of the rather old scanner is not in the power requirement (power) In addition, because it takes power directly from the USB port. So in addition to facilitate operation, since it has no additional adapter to wear, it is of course also save more power.
CanoScan N670U System Requirements and Compatibility:Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows XP (x64) / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10) / Linux.
ScanGear CS Windows 2000/Vista/Xp (32-bit) 220.127.116.11a 5.3 MB ==>Download
ScanGear CS Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5 18.104.22.168 2.9 MB==>Download
CanoScan Toolbox Windows Vista (32-bit) 4.136 4.9 MB ==>Download
CanoScan Toolbox Windows 2000/Me/Xp (32-bit) 22.214.171.124 4.9 MB==>Download
Quick Start Guide CA.1.00 892 KB ==>Download
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for CanoScan N670U scanners:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of CanoScan N670U scanners in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of CanoScan N670U scanners.The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.